I will show you how to cook less and receive the amount of protein you need for your health activity per day. You might be a Body Builder, Runner or Simply just want to eat Heart Healthy. I will do this in a 2-parts post. This first part is about total protein; in the second part, I will address the cost and time factor.
We are going to show you 6 sources of protein per 3.2-3.5 ounce per servicing. Using 3.2 ounces, we get 5 servings from a 16-ounce pound; this we will also use in our cost and time factor.
(1) Chicken: Total carbs in a 3.5 oz are 0 (g), 0% of daily value. Sugar in a 3.5 oz is about 0 g, and the amount of protein in chicken 3.5 oz is approximately 20.92 g. Refer to the nutrition facts label 5 X 20.92 = 104.60 total grams per pound.
(2) Beef: A 3.5 Oz Cooked Ground Beef or Ground Beef contains about 21. 29g Protein per serving. NUTRITION FACTS - GROUND BEEF 5 X 21.29 = 106.45 total grams per pound of protein.
(3) Pork: One ounce of protein-rich food like pork generally contains 7 grams of protein, so pork 3.5-ounce serving contains 21 grams of protein. 5 X 21 = 105 total grams per pound of protein.
(4) Emu: Emu meat is a rich source of protein and typically has a better nutritional profile than other lean meats 5. For example, one 3.5-ounce serving of emu meat provides 23 grams of protein. 5 X 23 = 115 total grams per pound of protein.
(5) Fish: Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3.2 oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce. 5 X 22 = 110 grams per pound of protein.
(6) Alligator: Where alligator really shines is in its protein content. Most game meats have more lean muscle tissue than domestic meats have, and alligator is no exception. That same 3.5-ounce serving of alligator packs a punch with close to 46 grams of protein. 5 X 46 = 230 grams per pound of protein.
That is twice as much as beef, pork, chicken, fish, and Emu per 3.5 ounces.
The research on alligator meat was performed on wild alligators. To date, there has not been a study on our Farmed Raised Alligators using the modern-day feed. Our Farm uses a Special Blend of Feed made for their farm by Cargill, which has been the world's leader in nutritional feed for animals for years.
We offer wholesale prices by the case, but you must call 318-573-2597. We were asked if we could ship directly to the gym since members wanted to chip in for a case; yes, we do.